Friday, June 17, 2011

Flora and Fauna for the Closet

Believing that no space is too small or insignificant to be overlooked when it comes to decorating, and that beautified spaces are much more pleasant to maintain organizing-wise, here's little project I did to make my closet a bit lovely. 


But first let me introduce you to my very favorite calendars.  The Cavallini calendars have been a must-have on my Christmas list for five years now.  They are always exceptionally lovely.  And though they are a bit on the pricier side, it always feels worth it because the each month is really a beautiful, even frame-able, print on archival quality paper.  So here are some of my old years.


I cut out an assortment of birds and botanica and using non-permanent, double-sided tape, I arranged them wallpaper-like on the top portion of my front closet.
{the same closet formerly shown HERE}


Since I was just experimenting and trying out the feel of it, I didn't batten down all the edges and such. 


I love the unexpected loveliness waiting for me each time I open these doors now...so I'm thinking this is going to be fairly permanent.


Now for some paint on that bottom half...


Wishing you some unexpected loveliness this weekend!



See Today's Post {HERE}




15 comments:

  1. OK, that is cool! It's like a little surprise every time you open the closet! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an unexpected and darling detail! I love botanical prints. May need to check out those calendars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister! you did not tell me you were doing this! it is absolutely fabulous. man, i've gotta walk around the corner a little more often to keep track of your bubbling creativity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so darling!! I just love the prints...they are such an unexpected surprise and are beautiful! What a great idea!

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. This is an unexpected surprise.

    How is it your closet is so organized???

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful!!! What a gorgeous closet. I worked on mine some this week, but it is lacking style--and yours has it in spades!

    Thank you so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party (and for linking back-I appreciate that!). Hope you'll stop by Serenity Now again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea using these calendars! I'll have to keep my eye out for them - they are beautiful!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindalou - if you check out the before pics in this post

    http://everyday-lovely.blogspot.com/2011/04/confronting-front-closet.html

    ... you will see it hasn't always looked so well and Maintaining is a constant battle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWWWW, I love this. It is so perfectly lovely to have something so bright and cheery to look at every time you open your (super organized)closet. I need to start grabbing some calendars, you inspired me!

    Kim
    www.kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. genius! love this.. your room is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a really great idea! Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete