Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Fluid Photo Gallery Wall

I had a Problem: I take a lot of pictures of my kiddos and I wanted a way to display current photos and be able to change them out easily.  But, I did not want to be continually taking off the backs of frames and centering pics, cleaning glass, etc.  

. To begin, I dug out all the dusty frames I could find.  I wanted an eclectic look, so I collected both gold and silver with bronzy ones for some color depth.  I took off the cardboard backs and took out the glass and hung them up like so. 

Then I printed out some current favorite photos.  BUT the important part was that either on my photo editing program or at Walgreens I edited the photos to add a thin white border (called a Studio border at Walgreens).  This helps give the idea of a mat on the picture and makes for a more finished look.  I also ordered some 5x7 as well as 4x6's to add some variety as to size.

 
 
Then I simply stuck some sticto the back of the photo and centered them in the frames.  Whenever I print out new pics I simply pull the old ones off and stick the new ones on.

 You can add this border on the actual photo-developing site (such as Walgreens) but keep in mind that this border will just be laid right on top of the photo, cropping a bit off the edges.  If you want to keep the edges you can add a white "frame" using Picnik.



Now here's the wall all fresh and fun - no glass cleaning required!


See more of our home  {HERE}





{Linking up to The Inspired Room Gallery Wall Party and Blue Cricket Design Show and Tell Wednesday and Just a Girl's SAS Day}


11 comments:

  1. now that is very creative! love it, Cailan!
    ~Jennifer and Jaimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the arrangement! Nice use of space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popping over from The Inspired Room. It is great to see your gallery wall. Mine is #10.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    Gg - Notes on the Journey

    ps. Thanks for sharing the great ideas for keeping it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and am your newest follower. Thanks for creating such an amazing blog full of inspiration. I'll be back often (and I LOVE your photo collage)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I just did the same thing with my paintings in the dining room! It's my new favorite way to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just spent a good part of my morning searching through your blog. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so creative. It looks just great. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this gallery wall I am visitng from blue cricket designs link party and this caught my eye right away. I am wanting to do a gallery wall in my living room and have been collecting frames and inspiration so thank you so much for sharing. Come and say hi
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So clever!! no glass to clean?! I love this idea...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea and so well done. The little white borders do make a difference too.

    ReplyDelete